Monday 27 May 2013

Trolling and the MJ Community

For the record:
I am not a Troll, I do not go around Trolling forums, chat rooms or blogs. I do not know, communicate or collude with anyone in Trolling any forum, chat room or blog.

I DO state my opinion.

Stating an opinion is NOT Trolling, and for those of you who can't tell the difference:



"In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtrl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion". Source Wikipedia


"In general, an opinion is a belief about matters commonly considered to be subjective, i.e. it is based on that which is less than absolutely certain, and is the result of emotion or interpretation of facts. An opinion may be supported by an argument, although people may draw opposing opinions from the same set of facts. Opinions rarely change without new arguments being presented. It can be reasoned that one opinion is better supported by the facts than another by analyzing the supporting arguments.[1] In casual use, the term opinionmay be the result of a person's perspective, understanding, particular feelings, beliefs, anddesires. It may refer to unsubstantiated information, in contrast to knowledge and fact-based beliefs." Source Wikipedia.


After 25th June 2009, many forums, chat rooms and blogs were set-up to discuss Michael Jackson. I joined several of them, as they initially seemed to have new information to share on what had happened to Michael. However, as some of these grew in popularity, the owners started to run them like a Dictatorship, and anyone who expressed a differing opinion to theirs was banned and/or called a Troll. I saw it happen to many people. Worse than that, some of the owners started to reveal their own agendas, which usually involved using Michael to springboard into some agenda dear to their heart.

I know that there WERE Trolls out there, and they really did attack these forums, chat rooms and blogs, because I witnessed some of it. I don't know if they were working collectively, because I never had any dealings with them. Sometimes, the Trolling got so bad that 99% of the content of some forums, chat rooms and blogs started to be Trolling or discussing Trolling.

That is why I started my own blog, because information was getting buried underneath the lies, and enough was enough.


I am not going to name names because I am deliberately not trying to be inflammatory or provoke anyone. Those of you who have been in and around the MJ Community will probably know exactly who I am referring to, and those of you who don't, you now know that it happens and can keep an eye out for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment